According to a survey conducted by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), the ten top mistakes that parents with children make during divorce are:
- Bad-mouthing the other parent
- Using the child as a messenger
- Interfering with timesharing of the other parent
- Sharing intimate details of the other spouse's infidelity and behavior
- Failing to pay child support; inadequately supporting the children
- Immediately introducing the child to the parent's new love interest
- Moving the child as far away as possible from the other parent
- Listening to the child's conversations with the other parent
- Having the child read all of the legal pleadings or having them contact the attorney
- Having the child request money from the other parent
If you are making any of these mistakes, please stop. If you don't know how to stop, get some professional advice from a parenting coordinator, counselor or therapist. Your kids didn't choose this divorce. It's up to you to get them through the divorce with as little damage as possible.
My DIY Divorce Crash Course helps you avoid parenting mistakes and costly financial mistakes. It contains everything you need - advice on how to tell the kids to the new florida alimony laws to all the necessary court forms. The Crash Course also includes the comprehensive Florida Parenting Plan. Save time and get all your Florida DIY Divorce information in one place - my Crash Course on FLorida Divorce.